Sony FE 70-200mm F4 Macro G OSS II
Sony FE 70-200mm F4 Macro G OSS II
- Spectacular G Lens rendering and corner to corner resolution
- Eye-opening close-up performance with half macro (0.5x) at all focal lengths
- Fast, precise, quiet autofocus and tracking matches high-speed cameras
- Optimized for refined movie performance and imagery
- Top-class performance with teleconverters – for extended reach and macro
- Compact, lightweight, mobile, reliable, and easy to use
- Versatile high performance 70-200 mm telephoto/macro zoom
- Outstanding image quality at all focal lengths
- Superb sharpness, clarity, color and bokeh in one lens
- Convenient, direct creative control of lens functions
- Linear Response MF for precise, repeatable manual focus control
- Front fluorine coating repels fingerprints, dust, water and oil
- Dust and moisture resistant3 design for reliability in challenging conditions
- Petal shaped, bayonet mount lens hood ALC-SH176 supplied
Compact, high-resolution telephoto zoom
Our most advanced lens technology comes together in a compact, lightweight 70-200 mm F4 telephoto zoom G Lens™ that delivers outstanding optical and AF performance as well as half-macro capability1 throughout the zoom range. Impressive handling and mobility make it an excellent choice for a wide range of still and movie applications.
Spectacular G Lens rendering
Excellent corner-to-corner resolution and contrast throughout the zoom range are achieved by combining AA (advanced aspherical) and aspherical lens elements. Three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) elements and one Super ED element suppress chromatic aberration and color bleeding for revealing sharpness. Exquisite full-frame bokeh is enhanced by a circular 9-blade aperture mechanism and optimized spherical aberration.
Eye-opening close-up performance
This is the world's first2 zoom lens in its class to offer half-macro capability1 throughout the zoom range. Minimum focusing distance is 10- 1/4 in. (0.26 m) at the wide end and 16-1/2 in. (0.42 m) at the telephoto end of the zoom range, with a maximum magnification of 0.5x throughout. New levels of zoom close-up capability offer unprecedented versatility and freedom for shooting stills as well as movies.
Fast autofocus matches high-speed cameras
Four of Sony's original high-thrust XD linear motors work in conjunction with precision floating focus groups to achieve extremely fast, accurate focus drive. Thrust efficiency has been dramatically improved, resulting in up to approximately a 20% increase in autofocus speed throughout the entire zoom range when shooting stills. The speed potential of high-performance α series cameras is fully realized. Focus tracking continues uninterrupted even while zooming, ensuring that important moments of the action won't be lost.
Refined movie performance and imagery
Linear Response MF ensures that manual focus responds directly and linearly to subtle control. The breathing compensation function provided in compatible α series cameras is fully supported, reducing unwanted image shifts while focusing. Built-in optical image stabilization can work in conjunction with the in-body stabilization in compatible α series cameras to provide extremely smooth, stable handheld footage.
Top-class performance with teleconverters
The FE 70-200mm F4 Macro G OSS II is fully compatible with Sony's 1.4x and 2.0x teleconverters. In addition to increasing maximum focal length, the 2.0x teleconverter make it possible to shoot life-size 1:1 macro at all focal lengths for new creative potential. Attached with the 1.4x teleconverter, it can shoot max. 0.7x macro at all focal lengths. And because the working distance does not change with the teleconverter attached, you can move in close to the subject to capture truly impressive images.
Compact, mobile, reliable, and easy to use
This innovative lens offers a rare blend of performance and compact mobility. It is 3-1/4 in. (82.2 mm) in diameter by 5- 7/8 in. (149 mm) in length at the wide end of the zoom range and weighs 28.1 oz. (794 g). An extending lens design was chosen to maximize portability, and a zoom lock switch is provided to prevent unwanted lens extension during transportation.